I’ve been meaning to try this for a while now, making cheeseymite scrolls that is.
Armed with our trusty bread machine and a 10kg bag of breadmix I decided to see if I could come up with something yummy for lunch.
The bread machine did the heavy lifting by making nearly a kilo of dough (I made the dough yesterday but ran out of time to make the scrolls)
Making the scrolls was pretty simple, here’s what I did;
- Roll the dough out to a thickness of approx 1cm
- Spread vegemite liberally over the surface of the dough
- Sprinkle with grated cheese, not too much
- Roll the dough into a long tube
- Cut the tube into approx 2cm thick slices
- Place the slices on a tray lined with baking paper
- Sprinkle the top with more cheese
- Bake at 210 C for 30-35 mins or until golden brown
- Remove from the oven and place on a cake rack to cool
The results were really tasty and great for a first try.